Presented September 19, 2017.
The main goal of this talk is to demonstrate map making in R using leaflet. We will cover trivial and non-trivial examples. I use the data.table package as my default data container and for all data manipulation.
· Examples of various map types: points, choropleths, and heat maps
· Creating sharable maps in html using knitr
· Basic minimal project organization for the development of a reproducible map
· Data acquisition from tigris, the ACS, and the Chicago data portal
· KDE heat map calculations
The project and code is available online at https://github.com/geneorama/wnv_map_demo/.
If you have questions with the installation, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.